Friday, January 1, 2010

It is a New Year with a new beginning

Another chance to do better this year, another chance to eat healthier.  I have slipped so much since Christmas.  I ate cookies, pumpkin pie and so much more.  This new year is a return to the earth, a return to what my body craves, a return to what people ate thousands of years ago.  Away with processed foods!

Today in celebration of the New Year, I am making roasted leg of lamb. I have a 7 lb bone- in New Zealand leg of lamb.  New Zealand lamb is the best with no hormones or antibiotics.  Australian lamb is second best and American lamb is my last choice.  It might be fresh, but it is more fatty and not as flavorful.

Last night I made a paste of:

5 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
3 bunches of fresh  mint, chopped
2 heads of garlic, chopped
2 cups of dried mint leaves
1 cup of olive oil
juice from one large lime

I rubbed the lamb with 1/2 cup of kosher Rock salt and then smeared the paste all over.  I covered it and let it sit in the fridge overnight.  I will post pictures as I cook it!






No comments:

Post a Comment